For Immediate Release
February 28, 2013
Contact: Steven Sterne, General Manager
Keeney’s Office Supply|Office Interiors
Phone: 425.869.7555 | Toll Free: 1.877.743.7252 | Fax: 425.556.1742
Keeney’s Office Supply and Office Interiors, Seattle Office Products Dealer, to Partner with Forterra and Snoqualmie Stewardship Partners in Support of Local Carbon Footprint Reduction Effort
Reflecting its commitment to nurturing the environment we all share, Keeney’s Office Supply & Office Interiors, Seattle’s leading independent office products dealer, is partnering with the Forterra organization in support of its C3 program (Carbon Capturing Companies).
Under the program, Keeney’s will be joining other Washington-based companies to plant native conifer trees in parks, right of ways, transportation corridors and natural areas, as part of a region-wide effort to reduce our impact on the climate.
Specifically, Keeney’s participation will be reflected in the planting of 57 trees, in cooperation with Snoqualmie Stewardship Partners, at 8.30am on March 8 at the Oxbow Center & Organic Farm in Carnation.
Recognized last year by Seattle Business magazine as one of Washington State’s “Green 50,” Keeney’s has long been driven by a belief that what is good for the environment is also good for its customers, employees and its business overall.
Keeney’s Sustainable Office program, developed in cooperation with the City of Seattle, is currently making it possible for more than 75 companies, agencies and government entities to save money and reduce their carbon footprint at the same time. Program elements include:
- An in depth analysis of the customer’s office supply use to identify opportunities for cost savings and use of more sustainable alternatives.
- Training for the customer’s purchasing staff to raise awareness of sustainability issues and waste reduction opportunities.
- An online ordering system that presents many sustainable items “first in search” as a general rule.
- Copy paper that comes from under 200 miles away, while copy paper from most other sources comes from over 2,000 miles away.
- A remanufactured toner offering that is made in Seattle to the highest standards in the industry, yet costs less than most imported, lower-quality toner cartridges.
- Collection for recycling or reuse of a broad range of products including toner cartridges, – CFL bulbs, used pens, markers, mechanical pencils, cardboard boxes and packing materials such as Styrofoam and bubble/peanuts.
- Keurig K-Cups – “grounds to grow on” program
“At Keeney’s, we’re proud to work with organizations like Forterra who are share our commitment to sustainability and who are making a real difference in our community,” commented Keeney’s President Lisa Keeney McCarthy. “As a locally owned and operated independent business with deep roots in Seattle, we recognize we have a special responsibility towards our environment and we’re delighted to have this special opportunity to support a program that helps nurture and protect the precious natural resources we all share.”
# # #