Bob Keeney founded Keeney’s Office Supply | Office Interiors in 1947, selling office products out of the back of his station wagon in Bellevue. His passion for providing quality products and personal service helped to grow the company into a brick and mortar store. Keeney’s was one of the original tenants in Bellevue Square. Over the years, Bob expanded the company, and by the late 1970s, he operated three stores and a thriving commercial delivery operation on the Eastside.
In 1983, his daughter Lisa came to work for Bob, and after just a few short months, Bob agreed to sell her the business, knowing that Lisa’s business knowledge and passion for serving the customer would carry his business forward. Under Lisa’s leadership, Keeney’s grew through the 1980s and 1990s. By 1996, Keeney’s had seven retail stores in the region, as well as a flourishing furniture business and government sales division.
Today, Keeney’s is a leading independent distributor of office supplies and office interiors in the Puget Sound region, delivering daily to government agencies, professional sports teams, law firms, school districts and businesses of every type. The company still shares the founder’s obsession with office products, but Keeney’s true passion is finding ways to help customers’ run their businesses more efficiently.